Recently I have been attracted toward Google+ more than Facebook. Though I don’t think that Google+ is going to replace Facebook, but still you cannot ignore it. Not unless you stop using all of the Google services.
Now Google+ is new for most of the internet user. So here is the useful article by Google team to increase your followers in Google+. Hope you find it useful.
10 ways to grow your audience on Google+
1. Before you start sharing with your audience, followers, or community members, select a great profile photo – this is the number one way people will recognize you on Google+. In addition,make sure to add five scrapbook photos, complete the ‘About’ section, and add links to other destinations where you can be found across the web.
2. Decide on a tone for your page, and stay consistent in your messaging so that your posts feel personal and authentic. It’s also good to let people know who’s contributing to your Google+ page by linking their personal Google+ profiles in the ‘About’ section.
3. Use circles to segment your visitors, customers, and even internal teams so you can share the right information with the right people.
4. Create a posting schedule, and post at least once a day to make sure you are sharing new and interesting content that sparks genuine conversation. Remember to +mention others on Google+ who you may add to your post so they feel the love and share your post with more people. The best times to post are from 10am to 1pm.
5. Share exclusive photos and videos with your fans and followers. You can even share animated GIF photos – a great way to draw attention to your page!
6. Engage your audience by posting questions and asking for feedback. Make sure to respond actively to your followers through comments and +1’ing and credit your most active followers by +mentioning them in a post.
7. Regularly host hangouts to have real face-to-face conversations with your fans and followers from all over the world. Give your audience a behind-the-scenes tour, collaborate with members of your community on a new project or simply say thank you to your supporters for all those +1s.
8. Spread the word about your Google+ page by sharing your page with people from your personal Google+ profile, your email contacts, and by posting a link to your page on relevant blogs, websites, and other social destinations.
9. Including a Google+ Badge on your site allows people to +1 and add you to their circles directly from your website. It also connects +1’s from your homepage with +1’s on your Google+ page and ads (using AdWords Social Extensions), increasing the number of recommendations for your site.
10. Place an author tag on your online materials – which means your authorized photo and name appear next to search results for stuff you’ve created, like your official website, blog posts, or videos. This way, people who search for you know what content was created by you.
You can also read this as a PDF