If you are an entrepreneur, having a low is actually quite the norm. Its probably a sales call that didn’t go right, a hire that didnt accept the offer, some cashflows issues in the horizon – the chances of something going wrong are far higher than going right. That said, if you find yourself in a low, here are a few things that would help:
1. Go get some fresh air. Go for a walk. If you go for a run, even better – you always feel better after a run. Go workout if thats something you do. Anything that takes your mind off, is a good thing.
2. You are most probably over-exaggerating the situation. You WILL laugh about it in the future, but for now, it does feel like the world is crashing. Its okay. Hang in there.
3. Change a few things around. I always move furniture around, change the lights, work out of a different table – anything that doesnt get you into the rut of a mental mode and gets you to a different perspective – quite literally.
4. If there is a do-to list of things, go after the smallest win in the list. There is nothing that will get you out of the rut than winning – even if it is small. The mind is a fragile and awesome thing. You’ll notice that one small win and you’ll be dreaming about going big again. So start there.
5. Surround yourself with friends who care. Nothing really beats that.
Author: Vijay Anand